The Golden Age
of Monaco and Monte Carlo
Monaco’s nineteenth-century heritage is a major keystone to a full understanding of what the Principality became in just a short time and in an extraordinary way.
This time was a period of paramount importance in Monaco’s history not only in terms of the economy but also in terms of social and artistic achievements thanks to the Monte Carlo Société des Bains de Mer, a company created at mid century. You can now enter into that unique legend and take part in it while visiting the two jewels symbolizing that Golden Age: the Casino and the Monte Carlo Opera House. You will experience the flavour of creation, energy and happiness that still prevail today.
- A trip back to the mythical Belle Epoque time!
- Discover exclusive and historical monuments (+/- 2h30 visit).
- Priviledged access to these splendours of Monte-Carlo.
- Listen to events and amusing anecdotes left by those associated with these landmarks...
- I realized at once that something miraculous was happening, that I was witnessing something absolutely unique. Everything that could strike the imagination, intoxicate, enchant, and win one over... Countess of Noailles
- Diaghilev is Louis XIV. You’ve no idea what he’s like, that man… He’s charming and maddening at the same time.Matisse